Taiwan Day 500: Pieces of the World - Jan. 13, 2015 | luomujie blogspot

Taiwan Day 500: Pieces of the World - Jan. 13, 2015



500 days in Taiwan! What more can I say? I felt elated for this wonderful day as a Lego exhibit was at the Songshan Cultural and Creative Park. The world tour of the “Piece of Peace” exhibit went to Taiwan to the delight of Lego fans in Taipei and Luo-Mu Jie. I saw the different UNESCO world heritage sites rebuilt using Lego bricks. How can I ever forget them? 


I went there with my Travel Buddy. His name is Robert and he is a fellow Filipino in the Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP). Going to Songshan Cultural and Creative Park was easy as 1,2,3. We took the MRT up to Taipei City Hall and we walked a few meters to reach the park. The park is known as the “Creative hub of Taipei” and it was my first time to see Taipei's old tobacco factory.

Ordinary tickets cost 280 NTD. I presented my student ID to avail of the 40 NTD discount. However, the lady in the counter told me that discounts can only be given to students who are in the Bachelors program but she still gave me the discounted ticket. We took photos after paying the tickets and I have a photo with a giraffe made up of large Lego bricks. It was even taller than me! haha!

We went inside and were greeted by yellow replicas of the Nubian Monuments. I observed carefully the Lego pieces of the Egyptian statue and I took a video to share the experience. We further went inside and saw more UNESCO heritage sites. The designs were very intricate and I wondered how many hours did it take to build those Japanese temples.

While wandering inside and busy taking photos, Robert told me that he saw Mt. Mayon and the Banaue Rice Terraces. I checked and found out that it was the Mt. Fuji that he refers as Mt. Mayon and the Machu Picchu of Peru as the Banaue Rice Terraces. haha!

The most beautiful and most eye-catching among the Lego creations was the St. Basil's Cathedral of Russia. I was always fascinated by this building as the colorful towers resemble large onions making it not a church but look more of a fairy tale castle.

Why did Lego made this kind of exhibit? Their aim is to educate the people of the different UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Protecting these sites is a must and even those ordinary historical sites that are in our own country. They are part of our heritage and culture. We must protect these pieces of the world!

Sakura Series - Taiwan

Sakura Series - Taiwan


Sakura Series - Japan


Maple Series


Yehliu to Jiufen? Yehliu to Shifen? Cheaper than yellow taxis

The "Taipei kong mahal" (My beloved Taipei)


Other attractions in Taipei


New Taipei


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 luomujie blogspot | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top