Miramar Entertainment Park (美麗華百樂園) [Wheel of Fortune] | luomujie blogspot

Miramar Entertainment Park (美麗華百樂園) [Wheel of Fortune]



Aside from Taipei 101 there are other places in the city that one can visit and the Miramar Entertainment Park offers an exciting ride to its rooftop Ferris wheel. I went there on a Wednesday night after experiencing headache in writing my research proposal. I really have to submit it on time but I also need to relax so that I can write more. I boarded the MRT from Nangang Exhibition Center going to Jiannan Rd Station. It was my first time to ride the MRT in a counterclockwise direction from Nangang.




I just said ‘Wow!’ when I saw the Ferris wheel while I was still inside the MRT. I got so excited and took a video of the giant colorful wheel while crossing the street towards the Miramar Mall. The Miramar Entertainment Park Ferris Wheel has a diameter of 70 meters and placed on top of the mall making its total height around 100 meters. 








Added to the height of the Ferris wheel are the bright neon lights that changes color and form different patterns making the whole mall complex more beautiful. The price of a regular ticket is NTD 150 during weekdays and NTD 200 during weekends but since I have presented my student ID I only paid NTD 120.
 



Food and drinks are not allowed inside the carriages


I was already inside on one of the carriages when I took this photo!










Based on websites, the number of carriages in the Ferris wheel is 48 and I have observed that there are two transparent carriages. I waited for 40 minutes to ride the glass bottom gondola as there were other people ahead of me in the line. I was scared and at the same time thrilled when it was about my turn to ride the transparent gondola. At the top I saw Taipei 101 and the glistening lights of Taipei city and when the Ferris wheel was going down it wasn’t exciting anymore.













Life is like a wheel, sometimes you’re up sometimes you’re down. I’ve been to a lot of struggles and the worst part was to see your family’s house turn into ashes. I never lose hope and I believe that someday I will succeed again in life and bring back everything that was lost.


I have just submitted my research proposal to National Tsing Hua University last Friday. My ‘Wheel of Fortune’ is about to turn. There’s no way but up!

THINGS TO DO IN TAIPEI


Sakura Series - Taiwan

Sakura Series - Taiwan


Sakura Series - Japan


Maple Series


Yehliu to Jiufen? Yehliu to Shifen? Cheaper than yellow taxis

The "Taipei kong mahal" (My beloved Taipei)


Other attractions in Taipei


New Taipei


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 luomujie blogspot | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top