Taiwan Day 35: My First Haircut - Oct. 5, 2013 | luomujie blogspot

Taiwan Day 35: My First Haircut - Oct. 5, 2013

I went to Carrefour to buy some stuff and one of the things that I need is a broom and dustpan. I don't expext to find a "walis tambo" in Taiwan but I was just surprised that the broom and dustpan are in a set and you can even hang the synthetic broom to the handle of the dustpan. The handle of the broom is connected at an angle unlike our locally made "walis tambo" which is connected to the center. After my Carrefour shopping, I decided to have a haircut. Having a haircut in Taiwan is expensive, normally it cost NTD 200 to NTD 300. Being a barber or working in a parlor is a profession in Taiwan and that means they are well compensated as compared to the Philipppines wherein I just pay 40 pesos for my haircut. They say that the barber shop/parlor in Carrefour only charges NTD 100 for a haircut and I want to try it. The problem is that aside from haircut I also need to have my hair dyed. Most of my high school classmates knew of my hair turning gray. This happened during the end of my first year high school and it has been a problem for me ever since. I don't dye my hair during those times since I was still young and I am afraid my scalp might be damaged or affected because of the chemical used for dying the hair. I started dying my hair when I was hired as a faculty at UP Manila and everybody was just surprised when they first saw me with my all black hair and I just looked younger. haha! While I am still in the Philippines, I just go to my favorite barber shop once a month to have my haircut and I would just say "barbers". After that, my mother would just buy a cheap hair blackening shampoo and she will be the one to color my hair in hour home. The problem is I don't have my mother with me in Taiwan. The cost of dying my hair with black color cost NTD 700 in this parlor. It's expensive! I don't have any choice so I just say "Ok" so I can have my first Taiwanese parlor experience. Since I know that most people here in Taiwan don't speak English and I don't speak Chinese, I just decided to print a picture of a guy with a crew cut hairstyle with a Chinese and English translation so I can get the haircut that I want. Actually, I really dont' need to print something I can just act the movement of the scissor with my hand (just like "rock, paper, scissors"!) but I might be misunderstood and lost all of my hair! The mirrors in the barber shop serves as a cabinet wherein the customers can place their valuables. They also have a chair where you can sit and they will wash and shampoo you hair. The final step before leaving the barber shop is to use a blower to dry you hair after the hair washing. Paying NTD 800 every month may not be a good idea so I have think of a way to color my hair. My Filipino friend promised me that he will accompany me in looking for a hair blackening shampo in Watsons or Cosmed. People in the drugstore don't speak English so I need someone who can speak Chinese. I hope that I may find one so I'll just be the one to dye my hair and save NTD 700 every month. Nevertheless, it was a nice experience in getting a haircut in Taiwan!

Sakura Series - Taiwan

Sakura Series - Taiwan


Sakura Series - Japan


Maple Series


Yehliu to Jiufen? Yehliu to Shifen? Cheaper than yellow taxis

The "Taipei kong mahal" (My beloved Taipei)


Other attractions in Taipei


New Taipei


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 luomujie blogspot | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top