Taiwanese dessert - starch jelly ice [2019 Rapsa Edition] | luomujie blogspot

Taiwanese dessert - starch jelly ice [2019 Rapsa Edition]


Jellies that look so delicious to eat.  I imagine putting them into my mouth to find out what do they taste like.  My quest for this Taiwanese dessert prompted me to open again the "Rapsa Edition" Travel Series.  The luomujie blog will search once again, the best tasting summer coolers in Taipei and my first stop: Right Ice Cream store.







Yes, you read it right.  The English name of the store is Right Ice Cream with its Chinese name as 來特冰淇淋 which means "special ice cream".  I would say that this dessert shop is unassuming.  It's not the typical Taiwanese store with lots of customers.  I visited on a weekday night, so that could be the reason.

Feeling confused because of the look of the place, I talked to someone, which I infer as the owner of the store. He spoke good English, answering my question if they are offering a jelly kind of dessert.  And he said yes.




Right Ice Cream store's menu changes depending on the season.  So for the hot summer months, you can expect to have some ice cream and their best seller, the starch jelly ice.

The menu of Right Ice Cream shop.  Aside from their starch jelly ice best-seller, there's also panna cotta, sherbet and the classic ice cream on a cone.


The start jelly ice cost NTD 80 and I wasn't expecting anything about it.  I was more curious if the cubes are so soft that they can wiggle on a tiny fork.  Haha!  Being made from starch, they tasted like the tapioca pearls of your favorite bubble tea in Taiwan. 










Adding more flavor to the food is the tiny cup of beans which I also loved.  The large wooden spoon made it easy for me to scoop them.  


The jellies are not that sweet and just right enough to be enjoyed.  But what I noticed about the preparation of the cubes, was that it was kept secret, hidden on the other side of the curtains covering the kitchen.  I only saw how the ice was scooped into a cup and what happens next.  I don't know!  The cup of ice was brought inside the kitchen and after a few minutes. My tray of food was lay on the table in front of me.  I grabbed the wooden spoon and the rest was history!



My order:
starch jelly ice: NTD 80

Right Ice Cream (來特冰淇淋)
address: No. 54號, Lane 36, Section 4, Bade Road, Songshan District, Taipei City, 105
opening hours: Wednesday to Monday 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm

How to go: Taipei MRT (Blue Line) Sun-yat Sen Memorial Hall Station -> Exit 5 -> walk to Right Ice Cream Store [Google Map]

Rapsa is a slang for the Filipino word "sarap" which means delicious. Delicious -> sarap -> "rapsa" (inverted syllable order). The "Rapsa Edition" Travel Series will take readers to the tastiest and yummiest foods in Taipei. Get to know the best desserts, and local delicacies that Taiwan's capital has to offer, through this subprogram of the luomujie blog.

THINGS TO DO IN TAIPEI



Sakura Series - Taiwan

Sakura Series - Taiwan


Sakura Series - Japan


Maple Series


Yehliu to Jiufen? Yehliu to Shifen? Cheaper than yellow taxis

The "Taipei kong mahal" (My beloved Taipei)


Other attractions in Taipei


New Taipei


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 luomujie blogspot | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top